Monday, January 18, 2010

Craft for Hope


Did you watch 60 Minutes last night? If you didn't, grab a box of tissues and watch this. (Warning: The images are very disturbing. I do not recommend watching it around young children.)

If we all do a little bit, we can help these poor, poor people. Craft Hope on Etsy is a store dedicated to raising money for Doctors without Borders. Crafters from all over the country are donating their goods to this store, which is managed out of Austin. 100% of proceeds go to the charity to assist with the relief effort in Haiti. 

The categories of items available range from jewelry to children's clothing to art. The selection is literally changing by the minute. Last night while I was shopping the site, I noticed 3 or 4 items loaded in the 15 minutes I was on it. The interest level in this site is staggering; last night I noted that I was the 286th sale. This morning, there are 363 sales. 

Please donate or purchase. Do what you can. 

We can do no great things, only small things with great love. ~Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment