Thursday, January 28, 2010

Cathedral Pillow Cover

As promised, here are pics of the Cathedral Quilt pillow cover I'm making to go with my mod sampler quilt (which is being bound this week - pics to come soon!). 

I'm thoroughly enjoying the process of putting this together. 

Ironing is the longest step in the entire process. The sewing is surprisingly simple and quick. With each one, my corners are getting crisper and my seams more aligned. 
I sewed the non-window triangles down, but I think that a better look would be to pick those out and add additional windows. This will make the windows alternate rather than go in rows - if that makes any sense.
My thought is to frame and back it in left-over yardage from the same quilt the scraps are from for a coordinated look. Would love to finish both the quilt binding and pillow this weekend so I can move on to other fabrics and projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment