Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Spring Birdie Quilt


Inspired by spring, I started cutting this quilt in fabric called Dolce by Tanya Whelan. I am also using a fabric by Windham but cannot recall the name.



The bird motif was fussy cut in 9.5" and 6.5" squares. Then, 3.5" strips of the Windham scratchy plaid
were cut. I'm working on sewing them in a frame around the 6.5" squares bird motif.

I am planning to use Kona cotton in a dark charcoal grey as the sashing, arranging the bird block...
somehow... not sure yet.

My mother gave me half-yard cuts of this fabric by Jessica Levit for Windham. Can't decide what to do
with it. Ideas? I am considering a zig-zag or chevron-stripe pattern.



Finally, I start ballet tonight. It's been 10 years since I've been at a barre... Have been inspired by the family
illness I talked about last week to stop talking and start doing. Here are my shoes, which I had to sew the
elastic to...



Finally, in blogosphere news, did you see this beauty from Film in the Fridge? What a great way to use up scraps with incredible impact!


No comments:

Post a Comment