Friday, March 19, 2010

Fabric Friday

If I were buying fabric, I would totally buy Rainy Days and Mondays, designed by Melimba & Beccabury for Riley Blake Designs.


This would make a sweet Spring quilt... April showers...


The supporting fabrics are as sweet as the feature with their tear drops shapes.


And the color pallet is cheery, a nice contrast to the weepy subject matter. I saw this on The Fabric Shopper at some point this week, and it literally made me smile.


I mentioned last week that I am buying fabric again and that I'd get back to you on why. So, I still believe in using scraps and all of that. But, I was feeling like I didn't have a good enough stash to really work from. There wasn't enough choices to make decent sized projects, and I really am just getting started in this hobby - it's been about 9 months. Plus, I'm in a "seize the day" mindset lately and feeling that deprivation is silly because tomorrow we might not be here. Depressing, right?

I don't know... moral of the story is, I'm buying fabric again with a monthly budget toward the hobby with the goal of building up a solid stash and really working on my quilting skills.

Okay, with that, have a great weekend! Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment