Friday, May 14, 2010

Finally!



The Nine Patch Lattice Quilt from Oh, Fransson! that I'm sizing up to twin size is almost finished. Well, the top piecing is almost finished. This is good progress for me.



All that is left to do on the top is add a few borders. Print fabric is Heather Bailey's Nicey Jane. Solid is Kona Snow.



If my calculations are correct, the finished piece will be 82"W x 112"H. I have all the fabric needed to finish this project. Need to dig deep and push through. Wouldn't it be great if I could give this to my daughter at her third birthday party in June?

Another hurdle in my way is needing to put new leaders on my quilt rack. The bed sheet I have on there now is not doing the job; it's too thin and keeps sliding out of place. My best bet is probably broad cloth. Dreading this project, but I can't quilt this project until I have fixed the leaders. It won't take more than a couple of hours, but it's simply an annoyance and, well, not fun. Listen to me whine! :-)

Question for my quilty friends: What is the best tutorial out there for squaring a quilt top?



1 comment: