Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Before & After

I was inspired this weekend to spend some of my precious "quiet time" sorting and refolding my fabric.

This is everything spread out before the organization was completed.


This is the after - colors organized by ROYGBV.


I folded using my 6" x 24" ruler as a guide to get each piece in a uniform size.

Now that I look at this, I see that I did not quite get them in rainbow order, but it's close enough, right?


Realizing I have a LOT more fat quarters than half and yard cuts. Look at this pitiful drawer - only 5 pieces of fabric in a half or more yards.


Also, I see how much I lack in neutrals. Need to invest in this area a little bit too. Could use more true whites, tans, and grays... Maybe some linen too?

Here is my scrap bin. Seriously in need of some scrap projects to use up some of this - really good stuff in here.



Anyway, how does your sewing studio look? How do you organize your creative space?

No comments:

Post a Comment