Thursday, April 22, 2010

Pleased as Punch

This has been a good mail week.


Oh, yes. Good things come in little - and very big - packages. Promptly after seeing this blog post from Anna Maria Horner, I splurged for one of her rugs. Somehow - totally by accident - a teeny-tiny bit of fabric was added to my shopping cart too. How did that happen?

I'm in LOVE with my new rug. It's so soft and textur-y. This picture doesn't do it justice, but the pattern is actually textured with raised areas.

It's about 4"x6" and fits perfectly in our foyer.


I've been on the market for a new rug for some time, and have been looking for the perfect one - a balance of modern and tradition. As soon as I saw this one, I knew it was the one. Had to have it.


See the bench in the upper right corner of this picture? I'm going to use the fabric to make coordinating pillow covers.


Six lovely fat quarters came in the fabric bundle, all in AMH's Garden Party collection.


I'm quite pleased with my purchases. Next, I need to decide what pillow cover patterns to make.

On my list now is:
Dresden Plate
English Paper Pieced Hexagons
String Quilt Block

I'd like to buy linen to use as the background fabric... Where is a good place to buy linen? Would love your suggestions!

Have a great rest of the week. I plan to podcast this weekend, so look for a new episode early next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment