Thursday, April 8, 2010

Exhausted...

What a week this has been... I've barely had a chance to keep up on a minimum level with blogging - reading and writing - not to mention Flickr. It's been challenging with so much going on... and the weekend is just as busy. We're booked solid Friday night and Saturday. Hoping for a reprieve Sunday so I can get some stitching in.

I did finish up a little top for my daughter (McCalls 5084 pattern) out of Alexander Henry fabric. The back has a couple ruffle panels, one of which is in a contrasting pink and white polka dot. The bodice is lined, and the top is held up with a halter strap that ties. I'm pleased with the results. It was a very simple, straightforward pattern to follow and came together in a couple of hours.


Some lovely fibery goodness also came in the mail last Friday. I finally caught a little daylight to snap some photos to share with you.

I stack of fat quarters from Sew Deerly Loved...


Which included Joel Dewberry's Modern Meadow...


Heather Bailey's Pop Garden...


And Denyse Schmidt's Hope Valley


I think that is what this week has been for me. Hope. Valley. Even in the darkness and confusion of a low time, there is good and joy... At least I am hopeful of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment