Monday, February 8, 2010

Confession

I was bad this weekend. Really, really bad. (See evidence below.)

My friend and I went to The Fabric Shack. It doesn't sound like much of a place, but trust me when I tell you it is the Mecca of all fabric stores (or at least in South West Ohio). 

I bought Heather Bailey's Nicey Jane. Look at it in all of its gorgeousness. *Swoon*


... Backing, binding, and border fabric for a baby blanket in Moda Happy Campers. More info on this to come. 


.... Dug through the scrap bin ($2.98/yd regardless of brand) and found Joel Dewberry, Heather Bailey, and Anna Griffin along with some great flax and charcoal solids. 









In my defense, Nicey Jane and Happy Camper purchases are to finish a work in progress making them well within my rules. Now, I admit I did cheat buying from the scrap bin but did really try to stick to selecting prints and solids to add toward existing fabric collections in my stash. 

Anyway, it felt so good to buy new fabric, and I realized how much I've been hating some of the stuff I've been working with. Because of this, I'm toying with the idea of donating all the fabric I no longer love and only working with what I do. What do you think? Should I stay the course of eliminating 50% of my stash, sewing for the sake of it, or should I purge and start fresh?

No comments:

Post a Comment