Wednesday, February 3, 2010

As Promised...

Here are pics of my finished cathedral pillow cover. Really, the pattern is not as complicated as it looks. Have some dedicated alone time so you can concentrate, and you should be able to pull it off. 
Mine has some issues - seams not totally closing, circles not being perfect - but who cares? The overall looks is fairly impressive.
 Again, the tutorial I used is here
In other sewing news, I started a charity quilt for Margaret's Hope Chest. I did some quilting and binding for them around Christmas, but this time I'm working on the project from start to finish - piecing, quilting, binding. The fabric I'm using is from stash and is not anything close to designer. In fact, the piece is going to look a bit, well, scrappy. Maybe it won't be beautiful or high class, but it will keep someone warm this winter. Pics to follow.
Another project that is almost complete is a Portabello Pixie top for my 2-year-old. Pictured here is the bodice and skirt which need to be sewn together. 
I'm using Erin McMorris' Park Slope line and also plan to make the ruffled pants to go with the top. Super-boutique chic!

Side note: I accidentally pictured the bodice with the lining out. The birds will be the lining and the pink the exterior. Oops! 

Happy hump day every one!

No comments:

Post a Comment