Friday, September 16, 2011

Misc.

I have a hodge podge of information to share with you this morning.

First, lost in baby land, I completely missed the sign ups for the sixth round of the Pillow Talk {Swap} on Flickr. Did you get in? If not, join me on the side lines cheering on the amazing work we're about to see. The talent in this group is unbelievable!

Next up, my Cincinnati Modern Quilt Guild friend, Heather, had a fantastic link to a Wall Street Journal article on Denyse Schmidt on her blog Olive & Ollie. A wonderful read!

Do you ever have design freeze? This is the situation with my master bedroom. It's basically a very ugly blank canvass right now. Nothing about it says "sanctuary." Instead it says "depression." So, I happened upon West Elm's room concept ideas when searching for new bedding (yes, I know I could make a quilt, but it will take too stinkin' long!). The site even tells you what paint color to use - Amen! Can't decide which I like better -

 

Which do you like?

Finally, I love it when my customers send me photos of the projects they complete with fabric from the shop. Makes my day! Tina was sweet enough to share photos of an adorable bag she completed using Strawberry Fields fabric.






She used Lila Tueller's Cambridge Cargo Bag pattern - under the Pink Fig Design label. Isn't it beautiful? The finishing touches like the buckle and pocket flaps make it look like it was bought in high-end a store. Thank you, Tina, for sharing your work with us! (BTW, love the music on Lila's blog! Click the link, turn up your speakers, and get ready to groove!)


Wishing you a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment