Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Magpie Yarn

Thanksgiving weekend in Lexington, KY, I was lucky enough to spend a few minutes in Magpie Yarn, a charming shop in the city's historic district.





The inside is just as charming and cozy as the outside appears to be. I could have spent hours - days - months there!


The front of the store had a whole section of soft, cuddly baby yarns organized by yarn weights.


The back of the store was filled with lovely yarn brands sorted by color. Love that!


This couch was just so inviting with beautifully knit pillows and sweater art hung above. (That's my mother in-law admiring the handmade blankets!)


How thoughtful and clever are the mantle decorations? (Wonder if I can pull that off in my house?)


So many wonderful shop samples too - full of inspiration!


Sorry for the blurry photo, but I just had to show you the yummy horizontal chunky cables and that to-die-for broach!


Hello, comfy! 


Last but not least - seriously. Is this not the best home dec idea ever? Yarn stash odds-and-ends proudly on display. Must do this ASAP... if only I could keep my toddler out of it. 

If you're ever in the Lexington area, do yourself a favor and take the time to visit Magpie Yarns. I, for one, cannot wait to return!

No comments:

Post a Comment