Thursday, January 13, 2011

Flying Geese Inspiration

I haven't had much time at the sewing machine over the last few weeks for a variety of reasons, which I will discuss on this weekend's podcast. Therefore - I am sewing vicariously through my Flickr and Twitter friends. :-)

The poor Quilt-in-a-Day Flying Geese ruler remains pristine in it's original packaging, untouched. I'm itching to break it open and try it out. Instead, I'm drooling over these incredible projects, dreaming about the time I will have a solid hour - no 10 minutes! - to make one myself.


1. Flying Geese Quilt, 2. July Flying Geese, 3. Flying Geese Love for Tacha, 4. geese pillow, 5. October block for Sew & Bee-Happy, 6. block Lucinda made for me, 7. Scrapbeelooza block #2, 8. Fat Geese - baby quilt, 9. flying geese strip pieces, 10. hey geese!, 11. DQS9, 12. Busy Bees - June

What amazes me about this collection of talent is all the variations of Flying Geese. This truly is a versatile block with seemingly never ending options.

One of my favorite ways to play with Flying Geese is by using different scales in the same piece, as I did for the last Swap 'Til You Drop (STUD) on Flickr.


So, I will continue to dream and try to find stolen moments in my sewing room. I'm hoping things will settle soon, and my crafty life can get back to it's normal productive ways.

What are you working on? Please share photos on the Stash Resolution Podcast Flickr group!

Have a great rest of the week! Happy sewing!
♥Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sarah this is all really lovely and makes me want to get one of those flying geese rulers. But until I know how much this darn computer is going to cost to fix I'm stopping buying now - except for my other order from you of course.
    Lots of Love
    Patti xxx

    ReplyDelete