First, I scoured the Internet for a great tutorial, and ended up finding several. I used a combination of My Patchwork's tut and the one from Cicada Daydream.
Pulling from my scraps, I settled on five different pinks. Folding the fabric, I was able to cut two triangle pairs at a time. Four of the fabrics yielded enough to make two complete triangles, and one had only enough for one.
Sewing the triangles together took no time at all. Turning them right side out was a different story. This is one of those sewing tasks I just dread. Using a knitting needle, I was able to muddle through. :-)
After pressing, I was ready to top stitch.
Instead of using rope or ribbon, I decided to use double-fold bias tape. Purchasing a pack this afternoon, the final assembly of the bunting was super quick.
I put the petal to the metal and roared through the stitching. First, I did a 5/8" pass, which was followed by a 1/4" pass.
For a couple hours of work, I'm pleased with the results. The pink adds a little Valentine's Day cheer to our family room mantle - a room we spend a majority of our time in.
My next project is re-arranging the stuff on top of the mantle. Since we took down Christmas, I have been in the mood to do something different and need a little time (alone) to shop for what I have in mind. Please excuse the mess it's in now.
Loving the whimsy and cheerfulness the bunting brings to my home. I can't wait to make it for every holiday now!