Saturday, November 6, 2010

Sneak Peak - Scrappy Mug Rug Swap

Hi! It's been a while. This week was a little busy for us with the election. Now things seem to be getting back to normal - so it's only slightly crazy around here rather than excessively crazy! ;-)

I had just enough time this week to get a decent start on a mug rug for my secret partner in the Scrappy Mug Rug Swap going on right now on Flickr.


As you can see, I'm playing around with layering Dresden Plates. I got the idea from a You Tube video created by the Missouri Quilt Company where they made an adorable turkey table topper and wall hanging using this technique.

The key is to start with your outer ring at length A and then the next (Ring B) should be about 1" shorter than Ring A.

I plan to send a little time sewing this weekend and hope to knock out this project plus work on another Christmas gift table topper project where I'm losely following the Courthouse Square pattern, as diagramed below from the About.com website.

Hope you're having a productive sewing weekend. Just seven weekends left until Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment