Friday, November 26, 2010

Sneak Peak - Pillow Talk {Swap} and Shop Sample In Progress

Did you survive Thanksgiving? We had a wonderful day, despite a cold-rain downpour. Olivia and I had fun vegging out watching Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade - every balloon and float was the best thing EVER to her. Then,we enjoyed a late-afternoon feast with my side of the family. In between parade and glutton, I had a bit of time to sew.

First, here is a sneak-peak of my Pillow Talk {Swap} project. Who's initial is in buttons? I will not tell. :-)


I'm using Denyse Schmidt's Hope Valley fabric, and am loving the soft palette.

Then, I started a shop sample - Schnibbles Domino, which is a charm pack quilt.


I'm using MOMO's It's a Hoot fabric, and am even more enchanted with the designs than I was when looking at them on the bolt. The pic above shows the project needs help with pattern/palette balance. I need to make a total of 16 blocks - plenty of variation to play with and get just right.


 The instructions are easy to follow and quite cleaver in design; depending on how the quilt is looked at, different patterns are seen. Smart!


The pattern takes two charm packs. I tried to make it with one at first and quickly realized two are necessary. I chose the Birds of a Feather fabric for the backing and Plaid in Pistachio fabric for the binding.

Are you braving Black Friday shopping? I'm probably going to head out later today. For now, the house is quiet - the perfect time to get a few more stitches in. Back to the machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment