Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Too Tired for a Clever Title

Here's a run down on what I've been working on this week...

These socks are incredibly addicting to knit. The subtle color changes keep me wanting to do "just one more row." The yarn, Regia Hand-Dye Effect, is delightful to work with. It's soft (not super, squishy soft - but pleasant), yet it also has structure.


Bekah's Charm Quilt out of Hunky Dory by Chez Moi for Moda is finished! Washed, dryed, crinkly, and cozy. One more item checked off my Christmas sewing list!




Here is a Birdie Sling bag I cut out this weekend - also a Christmas gift. The Birdie Sling bag is one of my favorite Amy Butler patterns ever. I've made at least 3 of them - maybe more? The pattern is simple to follow and a great beginner project.


And here is  a photo of how I keep projects in progress somewhat organized. My husband made a gift-wrap holder several years ago. The gift wrap is in the closet as this proved to be far more handy for sewing - like many things in our house. :-)


Finally, I was very excited to read that Denyse Schmidt is coming out with a new line of fabric! It's called Greenfield Hill. You can read more about it on her website, where I found this sneak-peak image. Beautiful patterns and colors!


Back to this busy week. Talk to you soon!

3 comments:

  1. Love the charm quilt - it looks so warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quilting~I think I might even be able to do that. But, know what I really love? I love the picture of you and Olivia! She's adorable! Well, you too...but that just sounds weird and creepy...thanks for letting us see her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Diane - Thank you!

    @Robyn - You're welcome - I figure if I talk your ear off about her, you might as well have a visual of what she looks like. :-)

    ReplyDelete