Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Oh, Christmas Tree

A lot of sewing and crafting happening here. But, first, I must share with you some pics from a recent family outing. 

This weekend, we went to Fulton Farm near Troy, Ohio, to pick out our Christmas tree. It was the first time we went as a family to chop down the tree - and we had the BEST time. That is, until I couldn't feel my toes! ;-) Olivia was quite proud of her tree once we finally settled on the perfect one (No, I didn't knit her hat - but I could... that's all that matters, right?).


 They had a beautiful pair of horses pulling a buggy that hulled people and their trees back to the main area.


Aren't these horses unbelievable?


I just love the mark our tree made on the treeline as we were pulled back to our car.


Okay, back to the regularly scheduled programing. Sewing! Here's a little project I've been working on  tonight. I put on the darning foot and have been stippling away on this table runner (fabric: Moda Martinique).







And I cut out a Saw Tooth block (using the Purl Bee tutorial) from left-over Christmas fabric. Am thinking about trying to hand quilt it then make it into a small pillow cover.


Very tired. Think I'm going to call it a night. How is your week going? Are you completing your holiday gifts?

No comments:

Post a Comment