Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pregnant Pause

And still pregnant... Let's not go there right now. Instead, let's move on to happier, more comfortable topics, like sewing!

Last night, I finished the last of the 12 blocks in the Fat Quarter Shop 2010 block of the month club. Not a bad finish, right? Most of the blocks are pretty close to the same dimensions, and, looking back over the year I realize I learned a lot by participating in this club. By the last block, my accuracy was drastically improved.


 Taking advantage of the Big-MO - a.k.a. momentum - I broke into the finishing kit and started cutting for the sashing and corner stone blocks. I must say I'm ter-i-fied of messing up the pieced borders (stars!?). But, here's to trying new things!






Speaking of holidays, I recently purchased the Better Homes & Gardens Holiday Crafts magazine. This is not something I would normally buy but was having a particularly rough day and needed a pick-me-up. I must have picked it up and put it back on the shelf three times before I snatched it up and walked/waddled quickly to the checkout before I could change my mind again.


Turns out it was a fantastic buy. There are many patterns I have dog-earred to attempt, most of them small enough to be day or two day projects that Olivia could help with. Pick it up if you need to get into the holiday spirit!

In other news, Amy at Lots of Pink Here recently blogged about Strawberry Fields from a purchase she made from my Etsy shop. If you don't already follow Amy's blog, check it out. She has some great tutorials! And she also has a lovely Etsy shop where I might have recently picked up a few fat quarters (shhhh... don't tell anyone!). 

Also, listener Denise of the My Life in Quilts blog sent me a picture of the cute project she's making from Kumari Garden fat quarters she won in the give away. The pattern is Dot Party by Jaybird Quilts. Be sure to check out Denise's other quilting adventures on her blog too!

For those of you who listen to the Stash Resolution podcast, you may have noticed I'm taking a little hiatus. Let's just call it a pregnant pause, shall we? I didn't intent to take this long of a break before delivering. It just sort of happened this way. Sorry that I left you hanging!


Not that I want to remember myself in this whale-ish state, but here is Exhibit A for why I haven't been doing much sewing, and, therefore, haven't had much to talk about on a podcast.

Hope you all are doing well and are enjoying your summers. I'm off to finish cutting some orders and then to settle down on the couch with a Blizzard (chased by three Tums for heartburn) and Friday Night Lights. Take care!

9 comments:

  1. Sarah, your 2010 blocks look great! I'm still stalled out on #8 and have no idea when I'm going to move forward. I understand what you mean about being nervous about cutting into the finishing kit as I feel the same. Good luck with the remainder of your pregnancy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah. The quilt is wonderful I look forward to seeing it completed. Thinking of you during this final bit of your pregnancy and for the birth. Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah - your FQS BOM is gorgeous! I don't know how many times I almost clicked "buy" on the web site, but didn't (which is so not like me - LOL!) But everytime I see one I kick myself because it's such a fantastic quilt! Thanks so much for the shout out too! Best wishes that your "pause" will soon come to an end! Hugs o:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking of you! Hope that sweet baby makes her appearance soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are just lovely. These stubborn babies just seem to happy right where they ARE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt looks gorgeous!!!

    Congrats on the new baby, too! How exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Christmas quilt! I hope all goes well with the delivery- this is such an exciting time! I've been wondering where you've been- but it is very understandable!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just checking in to see how you're doing. Hope all is well with you and your family. I am loving your Christmas quilt! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wanted to let you know I listen to your podcasts, and love the work you do and have ordered from your etsy store, plus you've given me knitting advice, too, so i feel as though I know you in a way, . You are a busy mommy. And I just hope the pregnancy is going well and that your sweet baby girl comes soon! Happy and Healthy! Smiles, Sarah

    ReplyDelete