Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The "Short" List

Like many of you, I am inspired by quilt projects seen on other people's blogs. Lately, there is no shortage of "ooh - I have to make that." Please tell me I'm not the only one. My quilt queue is growing by the day. Here are a few of my recent inspirations - as well as some oldies but goodies I haven't gotten around to yet.

First, I saw this beauty over the weekend by Lilly Quilts on Moda Bake Shop. How gorgeous is this quilt? It takes a layer cake and a couple yards of Bella Solid. Easy peasy. This is definitely on my short list of quilts to make.


And then there's this lovely by Ashley of Film in the Fridge. The quilt is called Rectangle Squared. I love how complex the quilt looks even though the block itself is incredibly simple. 



I recently saw a Stacked Coins quilt live and in person at the February Cincinnati Modern Quilt Guild meeting, and now I can't get it off my mind. This tutorial by Crazy Mom Quilts for Moda Bake Shop is one I've often clicked to but have never put rotary cutter to fabric to make. It's time. 



While I've already blogged about my wish to make a flying geese quilt, I came across this pattern by the fabulous Red Pepper Quilts. The quilting lines are so charming - it's exactly how I will quilt my flying geese quilt... when I finally get around to making it, that is!


Finally, I really want to make a square-in-a-square quilt and have had my eye on this tutorial on Cluck Cluck Sew for some time now. Designer Kersten of Frozen Knickers chose to vary the print fabric vs. the solid fabric on the outer square ring, giving the quilt a lot of dimension. And it's Honey Bun friendly, to boot!


So that's my quilt-pattern short list. What's on yours? Please share links in the comments block. After all, the never-ending queue of quilts is half the fun of being a quilter, right?

7 comments:

  1. Well now I have 5 more to add to my "have to make list"!! LOL Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the same thing when I saw the hexagon quilt .. and i love all the others too. I hadn't seen the rectangled square one, but I really like that one too... so much to do, so little time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My short list is not very short at all but you have inspired me to find a few things instead of a lot of things LOL I will work on my short list and post on my blog soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments Mary Sarah, Thea, and Little Creatable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been drooling over several flying geese quilts - especially that one from Red Pepper! I'm also loving these wonky little birds (http://thehouseofkrom.blogspot.com/2011/01/one-flew-out-of-scrapbox.html) from Sara at House of Krom - I'm definitely finding a way to work them into a piece of chevron that I just started making with no end in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incredibly beautiful quilts. I know what you mean when you say you want to make them all. i have felt this way for several years. I just joined your blog and how you will visit mine. I have been out of the blogging for a while and just decided to hop back in and have a giveaway. Hope you will visit me and join my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Chris - That little birdie is adorable! Thanks for sharing the link!

    @ fabricartist21 - I'll definitely check out your blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete