Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Squares Finished. On to Sashing.

It occurred to me I need to get a little more variety in my projects or this is going to become very boring for my readers. Will work on that. In the meantime, I wanted to show you a progress photo of my Mod Sampler.


The organizational aspect of quilting is key, and this tutorial is a great study in techniques. I am adding to it in that I physically labeled each square with it's assigned number and letter (i.e. 2F). That way, if my toddler gets her hands on my piles they can be sorted more easily back into order.



I also stacked each row in the order in which I need to sew them with sashing. Because I don't have the time to put the top together in one sitting, I knew I would need to have some kind of system going. A sticky note with the row number is doing the trick just fine. 


It's snowing here. A soft, peaceful snow. Wishing you a peaceful Tuesday no matter the weather in your neck of the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment