Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Finished Socks


I blocked my Artichoke Socks this morning. (Pattern is a free Internet download.) Started in 2009 & finished in 2010, these socks took a significant amount of knitting time. They used up 63g of yarn used toward my stash resolution! 

Done on size 0 needles, I used Knitabulous Ultimate Sock Yarn out of Australia. I just checked her store, and she has some really beautiful color-ways posted. Pricing is reasonable; $12 USD for the skein but $7.50 S/H. If you're going to order, do several at a time because any additional skein is just $2 additional dollars for shipping.


Anyway, I'm pleased with the results and have my winter sock knitting out of my system. I wonder how the people who are constantly knitting socks do it... they take so long for me. Maybe if I used larger needles - 3s? And just did a plain stitch I could whip out more. There is NOTHING like wearing a pair of hand-knit socks. Unless you've actually had a pair on, you just don't know the joy.

In other news... today is my birthday... 28. Just stared at that number for a few second. Okay. Now I'm over it. Everyone wants to be 28 & 29 forever, right? I should enjoy it while I actually am those ages.

Have a great day! Talk to you tomorrow (when I will show you images of a cathedral pillow top (tutorial from this blog) I started working on!).

No comments:

Post a Comment