Friday, May 27, 2011

All Good Things...

Must come to an end. Today is our last day of our Cape Cod vacation. We've had the best time ever - probably the most fun trip we've ever taken. We did several day trips to Plimouth Plantation, Martha's Vineyard, and Boston plus left a couple of days for beach time and exploring several towns on the Cape.

One of the towns we went to was Dennis where there was an adorable yarn shop called Ladybug Knitting Shop.


The owner was very sweet and kind spending time talking with me about where we're from, when the baby's due, what I'm making, etc. Love shopping local! You just can't get this personal touch anywhere else.


She had an incredible selection of buttons (sorry for the blurry photo). I didn't end up getting any - I have a hard time buying buttons without a project in mind. You?


And a lot of baby yard, which I also resisted... somehow.


Scattered throughout the store were cute displays of yarn, like this basket. She also had bins of knit up items - sweaters, scarves, hats, mittens - with the pattern and yarn required written on a hang tag. Brilliant!


Alas, this is all I bought - one skein of Green Mountain Spinnery's Mountain Mohair in a orang-y amber colorway, perfect for a fall project. It was the closest to local I could find with the company being out of New England - Vermont.

I attempted to go to a yarn and quilt shop on Martha's Vineyard, but it was closed! Ugh... Very disappointing. Instead, I bought myself a nice necklace, which is probably a better investment at this point since I'm not lacking for fiber!

Back in the car tomorrow for our long drive home. My goal is to report my Cabled Baby Blanket complete by the time we return to Dayton on Sunday. What are you working on this holiday weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment