Sunday, June 27, 2010

You've Been on My Mind


Truly meant to put out a few more posts this week, but, alas, real life got in the way. Again. :-)

Taking a vacation day Friday made this a 3-day weekend. I stayed up past my bedtime Friday and Saturday night to sew and managed to complete the back of 2 quilts (more to come on that later). It's such a relief to have these finished. Now all I have to do before quilting is finish those pesky leaders for my quilt rack and I will make good on my promise to have one of these quilts done by the time I podcast again next Sunday. Yeah!

Saturday, my mom and I took a day trip to Waynesville, OH - home to The Fabric Shack. I made several purchases.

-1 yard of Kona Snow (I know... I just bought 7 yards but I was short for one of the quilt backs)
-2 yards of Kona Bleach White
-1/3 yard of Sentimental Studios for Moda (from the remnant pile!)
-2 fat quarters of Michael Miller

I also found a yard of antique pink crocheted trim for 50 cents from an antique dealer. Very pleased with this find. Not sure what I'm going to use it for. The right project will come along someday...

In between craziness this week, I managed to complete my first block in the Designer Mystery Block of the Month Christmas Quilt from Fat Quarter Shop. I LOVE the finished product. Super fun pattern and loving the fabrics.



Look for week 3 of Prost tutorial to be up tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing photos of your finished projects on our Flickr group!

3 comments:

  1. I am just listening to the back episodes of your podcast. I see you decided to do the BOM Christmas quilt from the FQ Shop. Your block for the quilt is great! I am also working on a Christmas quilt. I saw Charlie Scott's design on the Moda Bake shop. I didn't like the Basic Grey Fabrics he used, so I chose the 12 Days of Christmas from Kate Spain. They are brighter and more cheerful. I wished that the FQ Shop had kitted that quilt with different fabrics as an alternative, but they didn't so I bought my own. I did find Charlie Scott's directions to be difficult FOR ME to understand, so I also created my own in EQ7. I think the idea of the BOM where you only get charged every month is a good one. I often wonder if the FQ shop's prices aren't a little high? I can't wait to see how your quilt comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous job. I did last year's Designer BOM from the Fat Quarter Shop. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for both of your comments. Gretchen - If you have one, please post a pic to the Flickr group of your finished project! Would love to see!

    ReplyDelete