Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Sweet Summer Song

As promised, here are a few pics from my recent travels to rural midwest towns.

First, this is a yarn shop I vistited in Greenfield, IN. While I didn't get to take a photo inside, you can see that the store is quite charming.



Next up is a hand-stitched Grandma's Flower Garden quilt I saw at an antique store in Waynesville, OH. I would have rescued it from the dusty trunk it was folded on, but the price was a little out of reach. I just believe some good quilter will come along and rescue this beauty.



Third is an image of a lovely vintage placemat and napkin holder set. I found it so unusual and am sure someone out in blogland will find it inspiring.



This is a modern-made pillow that I found charming. Love the combo of embroidery and applique.



And finally, here is a pic of my daughter lounging (with her baby - see it behind the chapter book she is pretending to read?) on a quilt my college BFF gave me when I got married. She and I are actually getting to meet for dinner tomorrow night, which I'm quite happy about. She's one of the loveliest people I know. Meanwhile, my daughter is one of the silliest people.
:-)



Have a great rest of your short week. Back in a day (or two or three) with pics of my latest finished project! and images of my Christmas project organization in progress. I'm a woman on a mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment