Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Nine-Patch Lattice

Before graduating to making a queen-sized quilt for my bed, I thought it wise to attempt a twin size for my daughter's. Oh, Fransson! has done it again with a cleaver pattern that I am going to size up to 72" x 108". (This is one of my absolute favorite quilting blogs - never fails to put good quality content out for our benefit.)

The pattern is called Nine-Patch Lattice. The pattern makes a baby-quilt size at 38" x 53". Instead of making the pattern 5 blocks across, I will make 9. For the length, instead of 7 blocks down I will make 14 blocks.


As far as fabric goes, I plan to use up the Nicey Jane I bought for the Pillow Talk {Swap}. The original pattern calls for 9 fat quarters. I only bought 7, so I need to purchase two more prints from the collection and an additional fat quarter of each since I'm approximately doubling the size. Maybe I'll go ahead and get half yards...


Anyway, here are some pics of the start of the cutting process. I'm really excited about this quilt - it seems like it will come together quickly in time for a fresh spring look for my little girl's room!

No comments:

Post a Comment